Saturday 6 August 2016

Truffling Around On The Beach...

I keep finding lots of older pics I feel deserve a scrapbook layout! This one is of Sadie when she was 4 years old - we were out beachcombing and I think she tried to bring half of Easthaven beach home with us!
    The main background heart paper is from a paper pack from Tiger which I felt was a lovely contrast to show off the DoCrafts Geometric Neon papers. I love mixing up different styles of patterns. I think you have to make sure you keep an eye on the scales of the design though. This combo works because the main background paper is only two colours and a simple design. The Geometric Neon papers I used have a slightly larger design but the colours are quite muted apart from the flash of neon pink and orange but this compliments the red and pink hearts. If you have lots of older stash, I would recommend trying this out! Sometimes it works and sometimes it just doesn't - it's another creative way to use up your scraps too!




I cut the arrows out on my Silhouette Portrait and backed them with Geometric Neon scraps and embellished the page with alphas from the DoCrafts Geometric Neon Ultimate paper pack. The wooden embellishments were a recent-ish purchase from The Works - I really wish I'd bought more of these at the time as they have come in really handy!!

Thanks for stopping by! Keep crafting,
Jak x

No comments:

Post a Comment