Monday 22 February 2016

Geometric Neon Pt 2 - having another go with this....

Well, Hello again!
Don't you just hate it when you feel you've not got quite as much out of something as you expected to, well, that's me with the Papermania Geometric Neon A4 Ultimate Paper Pack!! I felt I hadn't done it any justice. I'd been sent it as part of a kit I had been asked to demo at a local store and as soon as I saw the colours I was so excited as I just love a hit of colour. So, I got to work and came up with a quite a few samples for sharing and demonstrating on the day. Only thing was, I kind of struggled with finding a really visual focal point for my makes. The day of the demo went well tho' , I was really busy and left quite a few samples for the store to display alongside the product lines. Fast forward a few weeks and I started looking at this range all over again. Now, I am the first to admit that I'm not much of a stamper, so I did initially struggle incorporating the stamps that partnered this range. I find that unless it's a sentiment or really bold graphic, I'm not much cop with them, lol! I think it's just my graphic designer ways, plus I'm used to using a computer for design which means you can make everything any size you like, lol! Anyhoo, I definitely wanted to come up with a really bold way of embellishing and complimenting these papers so I went away and designed some graphic style toppers and cut them out on the Silhouette. Yay! I'm really pleased with how they turned out and today I made up a few cards to see how they worked.

The diecuts. Lots left over for plenty more.





What do you think? For me, the toppers just bring the whole colour and design thing together in a bold way with lots of impact. To compare, here's another one I made up just using the paper pack alone.



It's still nice but I prefer the pop of the big Neon graphic!!! There's still lots of this kit left so it looks like I'm going to be busy if I'm going to use it up!!
Thanks for popping by again!
Jak :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment