Wednesday 11 February 2015

My Little Pony...

...is as popular as ever in our house and Sadie's MLP collection is still growing except now it's morphed into Equestria Girls (ponies that have taken on "human form")! Oh, anything to extort a bit more hard-earned cash form us poor parents! Anyway, a couple of years ago, when Sadie had just turned 7, she was at her Grandma's for the day and took her figurine collection along to play with. I think Grandma enjoyed playing with them as much as Sadie did! She took this photo of Sadie proudly setting them all out on display!


This main background paper is from American Crafts Dear Lizzy Neapolitan collection. I've brushed some pale blush coloured acrylic paint on it to add some interest to it then layered up some mismatched scraps keeping an eye on how the colours work together. I actually don't mind what's happening with the patterns (within reason!) as long as the colours come together. There's a diecut luggage tag and some diecut acetate too (Tim Holtz border die).

Close up of diecut acetate


Pretty twine bow with ornamental pins
I really enjoyed putting this page together as I was using up scraps of patterened paper, which is my favourite thing to do! It seems to focus my selection process which really speeds things up and cuts down on a lot of faffing and indeciscion!
   Try it! Have a look through your scraps of offcuts - select them by matching up like for like colour ways - three or four patterns at the most probably, (obviously they must compliment your photo) and see if you can work them into your layout. A plain or neutral background is always a good foundation to balance out the concentrated colour and pattern. That's where I seem to find myself starting these days then I embellish with what I've got - always going back to stuff I've picked up along the way. It's amazing what you can glean from old leftovers and unused bits from old random kits...
    As always, take time to enjoy the memories your chosen photos have stirred up - after all that's why we do this scrapping lark, no?

Thanks for your visit!
Happy Scrapping everyone
xxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment