Friday 10 February 2012

Finished...





One exploding box! Phew! I loved making this and I think it makes a lovely keepsake to go alongside my mini album which (ahem -) isn't finished yet... I've used American Crafts cardstock for the basic box and decorated it with Brenda Walton Evergreen (doublesided) papers by K&Co. I bought these last year for 2010's mini but as I hadn't used that many or seen anything new I was desperate to have, I've gone with them again. I'm getting my money's worth!!! Which is great cos I've put quite a dent in 'em now - there's not many left and this means I can shop for new stash without guilt! Yay!
The candy canes on the lid are made from pipecleaners - thankyou my girls, and the rosette thingy is a Tim Holtz diecut, distressed with a bit of gold ink. There's quite a few heat embossed bits and pieces stuck here and there too and lots of wording that's been stamped onto cardstock. I used those teeny little Hampton Art alphabet stamps which are always a faff to clean and put away, but always worth the effort. I hope you enjoy having a look. Please let me know if you have made any Xmas projects of your own by leaving a comment with your blog address or link to your gallery as I love having a snoop around other folks creative stuff!
Cheers for now and ta for popping by!
Jak
xxx

1 comment:

  1. fab box jak I love it and so big...

    and well done to your girls for the candy canes, they are great and finish the box off just right...

    I only did a tag calender this christmas for sue bubbles, but not blogged it yet, thinking about it, I must do that sometime...

    maria xx

    ReplyDelete